- When did you first get into music? What or who Inspired you?
- I started to play piano when I was 5, classical music but very soon I was overwhelmed by the rock music movement and I started to play in bands at 12.
- Who did you grow up listening to, and does that impact on what you create now?
- when I was a kid I was crazy for Keith Emerson, for his Hammond and his Moog. He was a kind of transition from classical music to pop-rock music. He’e been a great Maestro for me. My electro pop seems very far from ELP,but on closer inspection there is a bond that covers certain harmonic progressions of classical derivation.In any case, I absorbed many musical genres, although for many years I had a kind of aversion to music, especially the music market and talent shows.
- How long have you been playing/writing?
- I always been a composer. Since I was a kid. But lately ( since last year) I’ve been seized by a kind of competitive fury.
- How often do you play live (include details and links for any upcoming gigs)?
- I haven’t played live for a long while. For a couple of beers I can play piano for you – and I have been known to make appearance in my local clubs and concert hall.
- What has been your favourite moment in music?
- As an architect my favourite moment is when I enter a building. I do that first when there are only a few lines in a sheet of paper. The same happens with music: first there is only an idea and then there are instruments, choir, voice …. and everything takes shape……This is a kind of miracle and a moment that miraculously, repeats. My absolutely favourite moment in music? When I heard Purple Rain by Prince. I cried.
- Where is the best place to find you online?
- The best place to find me on line is on the 1ofUs web site : www.1ofus.co.uk With links to my songs, my story, my social networks, my graphics, my vid – me.
You can find Francesco’s brand new music video ‘Home’ premiered here: