- When did you first get into music? What or who Inspired you?
It started at the age of 12 when I first asked for and got an electric guitar for my birthday, on the condition that I did have lessons. A few years in, at the age of 15 going on 16, I started taking it more seriously and joined my first covers band called “strangely attractive” and got my first gigging experience, this was when I knew this is what I wanted to do with my life, sneaking into pubs underage to perform. I got away with it because I was tall and looked older.
- Who did you grow up listening to, and does that impact on what you create now?
Red Hot Chili Peppers , Sting and The Police, Lots of 80s bands and music from my dads music collection like Duran Duran, Depeche Mode, Wham and George Michael, The Beatles. Other artists like Justin Timberlake, Maroon 5’s first album.
- How long have you been playing/writing?
I wrote my first song at 16 and have collaborated and written individually ever since, so around 7 years.
- How often do you play live (include details and links for any upcoming gigs)?
At least once a month for a bigger gig and then lots of open mics either Nottingham, Loughborough, Leicester or London.
My next gig is on the 18th March at The Shed in Leicester.
- What has been your favourite moment in music?
Watching James Brown perform live when he was supporting the Red Hot Chili Peppers in Cardiff when I was about 12 or 13, it blew me and the entire stadium audience away… other than that, for myself, it was hearing my own song on Radio for the first time, being on BBC introducing.
- Where is the best place to find you online?