- When did you first get into music? What or who Inspired you?
- I think I was about 12…..I hassled my parents to buy me a 2nd hand electric guitar that a friend was selling…
- I was very fortunate to have some great tuition early on, and was soon annoying my parents constantly playing Jimi Hendrix solos and Oasis songs.
- A little later when I started piano lessons, my teacher introduced me to the music of Ray Charles, and that lit the fuse really…. everything snowballed from there.
2. Who did you grow up listening to, and does that impact on what you create now?
- I had a largely non-musical upbringing, what music I heard I generally discovered myself… so it took me a while to develop and really pin down my tastes.
- The whole Brit-pop thing was big in the 90’s so I got into that a little, but then I started to discover soul music… digging back though the decades to find stuff that I really connected with.
- I think everything you listen to subconsciously has an effect on what you create…. especially if you learn to play and sing the song too… it’s not always immediate but somewhere down the line you’ll draw on that knowledge without even realising it.
3. How long have you been playing/writing?
- I guess I started writing in the mid 90’s, I was the lead guitar player in a school band and I remember putting a few tunes together.
- It got more serious in my Twenties when I decided that music was something that I really wanted to commit to and make a career from.
4. How often do you play live (include details and links for any upcoming gigs)?
- We’ve decided to focus more on quality rather than quantity of gigs this year.
- We packed out a few London venues early in 2015 and we’re currently working on the schedule for the rest of the year, but there are some very exciting things in the pipeline.
5. What has been your favourite moment in music?
- I got to sing a few verses of a Sam Cooke’s ‘Wonderful World’ with Rod Stewart a few months back which was extremely surreal! But I’d say to date my favourite moment has been recording my debut single ‘Ring Ring’ late last year. I had an amazing team of ultra-talented musicians around me and the whole experience was incredible. I am currently planning to record some more music so I really can’t wait to get back in the studio.
6. Where is the best place to find you online?
- My website is www.harrisadams.com
- You can hear more of my music on Soundcloud
- And I have some stripped-back live covers of classic soul songs from the likes of Sam Cooke & Ray Charles on my YouTube Channel
Other social links